January 19, 2009
Information for our visitors
To help prevent the spread of infectious diseases, West Haldimand General Hospital asks you to please follow these guidelines:
- All visitors are asked to wash their hands upon arrival at the hospital and as they are leaving the hospital.
- To help limit the number of people entering the hospital, we ask that all patients designate up to six family members or friends who they wish to have visit them while in the hospital.
- To ensure the comfort and well being of all patients, we ask that only two designated visitors visit a patient at any given time. This guideline is particularly important for patients who share a room.
- If you are a designated visitor, please do not visit the hospital if you have cold or flu symptoms (i.e., fever, cough, sore throat or runny nose), unexplained gastrointestinal problems (i.e., upset stomach, vomiting or diarrhea) or open wounds, sores or rashes.
- If you are unsure if you are a designated visitor for a particular patient, please call ahead and ask the patient, the patient's family or our staff if you are a designated visitor.
For the well being of our patients, please follow these guidelines. If you have questions, contact the unit you are planning to visit.