January 19, 2009
Our mission is to assist persons with diabetes and their families to manage diabetes effectively in order to obtain and maintain an optimum level of wellness. We offer both private and group appointments with our diabetes nurse and dietitian educators.
The program also offers the following services:
- Video lending library
- Cookbook sales
- Meter training for blood glucose analysis
- Pregnancy meter loan program
- Outpatient insulin start - up
- Presentations off - site to the community
- Monthly support groups in Cayuga, Dunnville, and Simcoe
- Diabetes information nights in November throughout the region.
Our services are offered in the following locations:
Simcoe - Norfolk General Hospital
Cindy Gekiere RN, Kirsten Farago RD, and Jessica Abbott RD ,Carol Chesney RN
(519) 426 - 0130 ext. 4472 or 4473
Dunnville - Haldimand War Memorial Hospital
Esther Lessard RN ,Jennifer MacPherson
(905) 774 - 7431 ext. 1232
Hagersville - West Haldimand General Hospital
Carol Chesney RN , Kirsten Fargo
(905) 768 - 3311 ext. 2191
In a joint initiative by the Dietitians of Canada and the Ontario Ministry of Health Promotion a website entitled Eat Right has been designed to help us improve our health and quality of life through healthy nutritous eating.
Click Here for 2016 evening support meetings at the Hagersville Hospital site.